When dog owners plan their vacation, they’re not fully in the trip mode because they won’t be able to take their pets with them. However, now pet parents don’t have to feel upset about leaving them behind because they can choose a pet sitter or a dog hotel to leave their pets with while these are great options, you must weigh the pros and cons before deciding. When deciding, think about what your dog will like, their comfort level with other people, and temperament.
Let’s look at the pros and cons of these options so you can decide.
Pros and Cons Of A Dog Hotel:
- If you think about dog hotels, they have professionals who have hands-on experience and expertise in handling dogs. They have the skills to understand what and when your dog needs something. For example, they’ll keep an eye on your dog’s behavior regularly, and if they see that your dog is bored, they’ll introduce the dog play zone in Dubai to make your dog feel happy.
- Dog hotel staff have excellent levels of supervision, so even if your dog is playing with other dogs, you don’t have to worry that they’ll get hurt. The staff makes sure to overlook the dogs when they are socializing. This will help your dog feel belonged and will not feel lonely when you’re not around.
- If your dog has gotten used to a routine, it’s best to consider dog hotels because hotels have a structured routine. So it’ll be comfortable and easy for your dog.
- Some dogs might not like the new environment, which might make them stressed, causing anxiety. This is why it’s important to choose a professional and reliable dog hotel that can assure your pets a comfortable stay.
- The individual attention will be different from what your dog gets from you. Sometimes, your dog may feel that they get less attention. Again this depends on the type of dog hotel you choose. Professional dog hotels will often understand your pets routine and customize their approach to make your pet feel at home.
Pet Sitting Pros And Cons:
- The familiar environment makes it easy for your pet to feel at home, reducing their loneliness and anxiety that might be triggered at new places.
- A pet sitter will give undivided, individual attention to your dog, following their routine.
- Finding a reliable sitter with professional qualifications can be daunting, especially during peak travel season.
- Unlike a dog hotel, which has extra staff at hand to replace in case of emergency, you may not get it from a pet sitter. If they come across any emergencies, you may have to find a replacement as soon as possible while on your tour.
- It can be expensive compared to a dog hotel, mainly if multiple visits are needed.
As we have discussed above, any dog hotel in Dubai and pet sitting has its own pros and cons, so ultimately, your decision will be based on your dog’s preferences and what you think is the best for your pet.
If your pet loves socializing and getting to know people, then a dog hotel must be the best option. A pet-sitter also provides considerable benefits. However, finding reliable options can be challenging and risky. You can interview multiple pet sitters before making a final decision.
Prior to making a decision, it’s important to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of both a dog hotel and pet sitting.